Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unnerve


un·nerve  [uhn-nurv]
verb (used with object), -nerved, -nerv·ing.
to deprive of courage, strength, determination, or confidence;upset: Fear unnerved him.


There are only 5 days left in the A through Z blog challenge.  And it's been tricky. Mainly because of internet issues on the weekends.  I've met a lot of new, amazing people. Found some awesome blogs that I will continue to follow, and been amazed at the wide variety of people that participated in this challenge.  Thank you to everyone that's visited my blog, or posted a comment!

I like the word unnerve. Not the meaning, but the word itself. I especially like the fact that it's so specific. It would be easy to choose "scared" as a synonym for unnerve, but I think that would be incorrect. To unnerve someone is to strip them of their courage. The event has to be so terrifying or utterly horrible that they are left without the will to go on.  Has anything ever unnerved you before?

Tomorrow's letter is V and the word I chose at random has 12 letters and starts with VE.  Happy guessing!



3 comments:

  1. If my husband gets angry, I guess I am unnerved. Never considered it before, but the rebuke leaves me with a feeling that I don't want to go on. Then, when we make up, I appreciate him more and we sort out our differences. Blog on!

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unnerve is a fabulous word. It's also a great emotion if you can manage to cause it with your writing :)

    ~ Rhonda Parrish

    ReplyDelete
  3. unnerve is a good word!

    happy A to Z
    baygirl32.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete