Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

1st Birthday

We had a pretty momentous event over here on Friday.

Q turned one year old.

I'm still a little blown away that it's already been a year since I gave birth. It's hard to remember how small and fragile he used to be. When I look at him now all I see is budding toddler. A little bundle of waving limbs, hands throwing toys, grabbing everything, pushing forward to explore his world.


A few hours after he was born.


One year later.



It's been a great year, so full of life, full of learning and potential. Ryan and I are constantly talking about how one of the coolest things in parenting is seeing him learn to do something new. Seeing his body develop new abilities, his eyes look around with wonder, and now that he's starting to talk, to hear him express himself.

So this birthday party held a lot of meaning for us. It's a huge landmark in his life and it was really special to have friends and family there to celebrate with us. We were even able to facetime with our families back home so they could help sing happy birthday and watch him test out cake for the first time.


He didn't really eat any of it, partially because we had to wake him up from his nap to join the party. So I don't think he was hungry enough to really try it. But he did seem to enjoy finger-painting with the frosting. He got it all over himself, me, the high chair. So we got to have a bit of fun with a messy first cake experience.

It was so much fun seeing him rip wrapping paper, get excited about Legos and play with a balloon. All around a pretty fantastic day.























And even though I know he won't remember this day when he's older.  I will, and it will always be special to me because it's the first of many birthdays to come.



1 comment: